28.11.09

Sanity

Exhilarating, this demon suffocating me.
Was I wrong to resist?

Resist this forbidden bliss?
I think I was.

No, I wasn't

Conflictual thoughts plague my mind,
Countering each other out. I don't understand where I'm breaking.

All I know is that I am.

Silence presses down on me.

What's wrong?
What's wrong?
This silence is not my friend.

Whispers are filling my head,
They are not my friends.
Fearing my mind.
Loving my fear.

Asylum,
Take me.
Take me
Away into that place I fear.
To your depths of sanity redeeming qualities.

Forget
Remember
Alone, again.
I have no clue why.
Was it my own doing?

No, I was always alone, always here-
Here in my mind's sanctuary.

They cannot see me.
For my eyes are shadowed by doubts.
I cannot trust.
I will not trust.

Enough.
Enough!

Sanity.
O' sanity.

Please leave me.